New Mark Levinson 5805 Firmware Problems

Greetings.  I'm new to this group.  I wanted to share my experiences.  I bought an ML 5805 that was delivered first week of February, 2020.  I updated the firmware to current version 1.47.  Upon doing so, the PCM digital filter choices "disappeared" from the amp menu.  Also missing was the decoding info provided when the Enter button is pressed.

Levinson customer support said no one else had reported this but me and seemed to try to "blame" it on me, asking such questions like, have I had a power outage, has the unit been moved, have I disconnected/re-connected wires, etc.  After being put through the wringer and providing them their requested information, they had me do a Config Restore to the previous firmware.  When I did that, the PCM filters and decoding info returned, but, if I customized ANYTHING in the amp (i.e. startup volume, offset, naming of inputs, etc) the PCM filters and decoding info disappeared again.  At one time, the amp went into Standby Mode and could not be awakened--it had "died."  This inferred to me that both firmware versions have bugs.

So, Levinson and my Raleigh, NC dealer (who has been terrific about this) provided a brand new replacement 5805 today.  The dealer's tech person installed it, updated the firmware, and, drum roll please...the exact same problems occurred with my new replacement 5805.  The dealer's tech said it appeared both firmware versions had bugs.  This so-called luxury amp has worn me out.  I am ready for a refund and a replacement product.  Does anyone have recommendations for a superb-sounding integrated amplifier for around the same price range +/-  $2K to $4K?
paulg24
You have some great equipment no_mo!  I have 18-yo Aerial Acoustic 7b's that still sound spectacular.  I'm glad to hear the 5805 can power the 10T's.  I have Transparent Super RCA interconnects I've also tried with the NDX2.  I may buy a din-to-RCA interconnect.  I've heard Chord Cables makes superior stuff.  I may post a question, Transparent vs Chord.
i have a set of superG5 and UltraG5 no longer used since I changed the setup. If it where not for all this CO19 I could bring them over to compare!  sigh.... 
My replacement has now died as well unfortunately.
it sounds so good though... crap..

Hi guys.

I heard about this problem from the same dealer in Raleigh.  Unfortunately they turned me into the unit, but when I was ready to buy they could not get one, that was early May.  

I ended up buying a B stock 5805 from music direct, had no problems with firmware upgrade.  Unit is awesome, I have a bluesound feeding it over coax.  I tried a Cxn V2 but it doesn't work well with the 5805 DAC and found the bluesound sounded so much better.

Speakers are Martin Logan impressions.

Don't worry, those guys are the best in the business.  They will get this figured out.  

I'm not sure how you could switch to something and be happier, these things blow an compatible MC out of the water.

The dealer has negotiated a fair trade up to a new 585.5 for me.

Cant wait for it to arrive!

and you are correct, the 5805 does sound fantastic.