Technics SL-1210GAE Anniversary

Hi ; Do any of you knowledgeable  guys can tell me if the new SL 1210GAE anniversary edition  have performance upgrades over previous models, or it is just a marketing strategy ?   How it compares with a similar priced belt drive TT? .
vinylnostalgic
There was a used 1200g for $3400 today which should be close to the GAE, get a Hana ML and you could be close or better
Don't buy Nagaoka MM or Hana MC. 

Discover much better MM/MI cartridges in the same price range with much better and more involving sound quality and advanced technology (better cantilever, greater stylus profile). 

Don't follow the mainstream group, to advice something a user must try many (at least). Some people just recommend what they use even if they tried only 2-3 cartridges, and we see it almost in every post. A cartridge can be improved many times, each time it cab be a better cartridge (different one) without spending much. 

The Hana SL is a great cartridge for its price, much better than my Nagaoka MP500.  The Hana SL sounds better than my much more expensive Van Den Hul MC Two special on my Technics SL 1200 MK2.

I appreciate chakster's insights and experience trying older carts, but many of them are hard or impossible to find, while the Hana SL is readily available.  

I have to ask if you've tried one chakster?
Chakster, Have you heard the Nagaoka JT1210?  If so, what were its shortcomings compared to the cartridges you commonly recommend?  If not, how can you dismiss it so casually and forcefully?  Nagaoka has a reputation for producing some great MM cartridges in the past; why not now?