Lumin T2 with Anthem STR preamp signal going through both DACs?

To use bass management with my Anthem STR preamp, I have to convert the analog signal back to digital hence then using the Anthem’s DAC to process the final signal.

So in essence, the signal is being "dac’d" twice ?? That seems detrimental to the signal even with good dacs.

I did not know this had to be done to use subwoofers.

Is that normal and has this just escaped me all this time? Or am I missing something?

Addl info:
-- The setting on the Anthem you must turn on to use subs is in the Input settings and called "Convert Analog 32/192"
-- The subs will not turn on if that setting is "off"
dtximages
If you are using the Anthem DAC via USB from the Lumin, you are sending a digital signal, not analog.  Thus the Anthem will only process it once, as a digital signal.  You are correct that the Anthem will not, however, be able to decode  a MQA signal.  
bwguy - I am not using usb.  I'm using balanced xlr from the lumin to the Anthem... Thereby, I am using the Lumin's dac, than the Anthem's dac when I want to use subs or ARC.
I found this out for myself a few weeks ago. My tube Dac was feeding the Anthem STR with the A/D then D/A conversions sounded bad compared to the Anthem letting the signal pass through. It made the Anthem a pointless preamp in my system. The built in DAC wasn’t close to competing with my Audiomirror DAC. I was hoping it would, because I really wanted the Anthem and it’s bass control to work. I sent it back
Thanks phastm3..  I really want the bass mangement, HT bypass, and ARC... So I'm really thinking Lumin's dac is almost useless now and I should probably just go back to the Bluesound Node 2i and use it just as a streamer.  Maybe the lumin u1 mini if I can convince myself it sounds better just as a streamer.
You could connect the Lumin T2 with digital out bypassing the Lumin DAC and compare that to your Node2i connected by digital to the STR and see if you can tell much of a difference. If you like the lumin better then get the U1 which doesn't have a DAC. Not quite a perfect comparison but the U1 and T2 use the same app and probably streamer hardware.