Suggestion for phono preamp in sub 2k price to complement Rega Planar 8 with Apheta 3 MC

Just got a good deal on a new Rega Planar 8 with Apheta 3 cartridge. I have a vintage preamp that has a MC input but is spec’d for a lower output MC back in the ‘70s. I also want to be able to have the flexibility in settings if/when I change out the cartridge.

I’ve looked at the PS Audio phono preamp and the Manley Chinook both seem well reviewed. Any others I should be considering and I’m not opposed to buying used.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide. 
revreed
I have a Manley Chinook Special Edition, available only from Upscale Audio (easy to find via web search).  They have a very close relation with Manley and sell more Chinook than any dealer in the country.  You can contact them and learn a lot of information about the Chinook and about the Special Edition.  Ask for Kat, she is awesome with analogue products.  I can't say enough good things about the sonic qualities and the value the Chinook provides.  I recently upgraded to the Rega Planar 10 and it is a wonderful pair, that and the Chinook.  Presently using a Lyra Delos MC cartridge with this setup.  Wow! 
Good luck on your quest.  And do enjoy the music.
@jrw1971 Thanks for the comparison, I was originally looking at the Rega Aria to stay in the same family. I was then headed down the PS Audio path after reading goods reviews on it. The switching via remote while seated listening is compelling.

@jorgjean Thanks and the Aria was where I started my search, still might end up there due to lower cost on a used one.

@mammothguy54 I recently watch Kevin’s video in the MC SE. This gonna be a tough decision as I also have other recommendations to research. Thanks for your input.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, all great phono preamps I’m sure. To start with I just got a good deal on a Rega Aria so I will start with that as a reference. Then I’m gonna try the PS Audio on loan, and the Graham Slee on loaner to start my journey. 
Thanks again everyone. A’gon always a great source of advice!