Should I fix it and sell it or sell it as is? Mark Levinson No. 331

I have a Mark Levinson No. 331 that has developed a slight hum in the right channel. I am going to sell it, and the question is should I send it out for repair, which will cost in the neighborhood of $1100, or should I just put it on the market for around $800?
peporter
noble100
The facts are you have a 26 year old amp of decent quality that's so old that its large power supply capacitors are likely to begin leaking. the amp will soon be worthless and you'll have a mess ...
Actually that's not even remotely factual. Leaky caps don't render a fine amplifier "worthless." A car shouldn't be exiled to a junkyard because it has worn tires.
Hello cleeds,

Okay, maybe not worthless since any mess can be cleaned up and repaired.  But likening leaking caps in an amp's power supply to a car having worn tires is also a bit misleading.  I believe a car with a blown engine would be more analogous.

Tim
It will be a much easier sell to fix and sell as just being serviced. Youll get 2k to 2300 I bet.
Don't be one of these guys who think that have good.I see guys selling equipment that needs repairs for most as much as if the worked fine....that's bull.