Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
2leftears- I have to say he will never bad mouth Tekton anything, he can’t, he has too much of himself into this. After all of his posts of talking to the owners, telling the world you need to get a Tekton to fill their need, and all the reading and YouTube listening he has done, it wouldn’t look good for millerc to state anything but “they sound fabulous, everything I told everybody how they would sound like”.  Just watch!
If you want to make a wager, how about:
* how many more times will he call the owners?
* how many times will he need to read the unpacking doc?
* how many more threads he will recommend buying/trying Tekton before actually hearing them?
* Does millerc work for Tekton?

What is it with some of you guys. Obvious disdain for tekton in general, and then it seems you look for any small reason to jump on Miller. I’ve seen most threads in these forums with people posting their thoughts and recommendations on products they’ve never heard before, and yet I don’t see you guys trying to give them a hard time. So it’s obviously miller, and the excuses given for that don’t make sense. And he’s saying he recommend Dbas and not Tektons, but it seems that some don’t care about that, just looking for a chance to get a dig in. I just don’t get it
Speedbump6-You must not be reading his posts like others have. Again, I will say it again even more slowly, it wasn’t his comment about DBAs, which isn’t a new concept, it was his statement ““TRY“ 4 of these tektons”. My issue isn’t with Tekton at all, but how can somebody recommend Tekton when he has no actual experience with the brand and he has never heard the tektons? Why can’t you see this? He could/should have recommended the brand(s) of subs he has experience with. You might be a Tekton fanboy too and if you have personal experience with them, then you have every right to be. BUT, nobody should be recommending anything to anybody that doesn’t have 1st hand knowledge of them unless you specifically state you have no 1st hand knowledge of the product  which he hasn’t.I have not seen recommendations for products in other threads or at least in the threads I read, that the user has no experience with UNLESS they qualify it by saying “I’ve heard, I’ve read” which is ok, now the readers know that this poster has no real experience with this product but the trade rags/reviews like them. Again, like I mentioned earlier: this is an odd post.

speedbump6, thanks. Since you have been reading my posts you will recall this one, from page 13:
I would encourage everyone who would prefer to see this site be a repository of useful information to do as I have started doing recently. Give them one, or maybe two, chances to be taken seriously. When they revert to character give them a polite Move on, please. Then ignore, forevermore.

It shouldn’t be necessary to ban anyone. It is attention they crave. Attention they will not get. Scroll on up through this thread for examples. Couldn’t hurt. Might just help.
Its entirely up to you of course but it seems to me rbstehno has earned it.

In a serious matter, it would be quite bizarre to praise some products without knowing them. Not to mention this obsession with designer. However, this is really not a serious matter. It is just an entertainment venue.

Just because millercarbon recommends something does not automatically mean a person will take that recommendation seriously. This thread provides a number of much different, much more measured, much more experienced, and much more eloquent views and opinions for anyone to inform her/himself from.

millercarbon did start this thread, but the thread has taken off on its own. It outgrew millercarbon in some way and millercarbon is now just one of the enthusiastic contributors. Some others do have more credibility on the topic, though. Anyone can choose whose opinions and recommendations to value.