Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
Yeah. Funny you ask. Was just thinking about that very thing. All of em! 😁😂 But seriously, whatever I think or say now probably something completely different will happen on the big day. Year of the Cat had been a standard warmup side for some time. Well it sounds pretty good, great music, but frankly a beat up copy I don't mind playing a lot because its so beat up! At the other end of the scale are my White Hot Stampers. Reserved for late when everything's thoroughly warmed up and sounding awesome it might be a day or two before one of these goes on. Then again these are supposed to be my ultimate rock out speakers so it will be hard not to feed them Tom Petty Southern Accents. Right from the beginning Rebels hits you with the reality this is one of the all time great audiophile rock albums. No kidding. Until you hear it WHS you have no idea.

Could be I will put on something like Genesis. Home by the Sea should be fun. Francis A and Edward K will have to get a spin. Linda Ronstadt, the three she did with Nelson Riddle, should really come alive. The Moabs will be wanting plenty of high level to loosen up. Funeral For a Friend should do nicely. But I am just as eager to hear how they do with The Ghost of Tom Joad. Springsteen isn't known for recording quality but Highway 29 Bruce is so intimately there in the room, just him and his guitar, I almost can't wait to hear it.

Eventually at some point I will get to my treasured Jennifer Warnes. The Well 45 boxed set includes some of her very best found only (as far as I know) on that set. Then there is my Desert Island - Michael Ruff Speaking in Melodies. Possibly the greatest sense of 'you are there this is now' ever captured on vinyl. Its not quite direct to disk but from what I gather they just got together and started playing, all these great studio musicians, and the music just flows. 

Then there's classical. Mozart String Quartets WHS just came, haven't even heard it yet. https://www.better-records.com/product.aspx?pf_id=mozarstrin_2006 Can only imagine how that will sound!
Aw man! I just can’t wait for my moabs! Ordered 5 weeks ago. I even ordered a Beresford TC-7220 mkiii to allow me to easily switch between my 300b Woo Audio and my Bryston 4bsst. I hope it does not degrade the sound, however. It looked the best of the amp selectors I looked for. I will be using my Moabs for HT use also, so Dis not want to be fiddling with cables every time I wanted to switch from music to HT. Those 300b’s can be expensive!  Any of y’all use an amp selector? 
Oh, and another thing, anyone hear much about the Brisance sub? $2000 for a massive, highly adjustable, and amp included sub seems too good to be true. Also, anyone need warranty work? Eric seems so overworked that I suspect it may take 7 weeks to get any follow up on repairs/replacement. 
There's another solution. I'm able to switch between music and HT with one click of the Melody input selector. https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367

$2k for just one sub? You'll get much better results with a DBA. Try four of these https://www.tektondesign.com/2-10-sub.html
How do you know that the DBA will be better? Do you own them? Did Eric tell you that? Did you read another review?
For somebody that has never heard any Tekton in your own room using your own gear, you sure seem to think you know what’s best for people.