Your vote for greatest (covers) album

Mine is Annie Lennox "Nostalgia". Not only is she one of the greatest female voices ever, she knows how to make a song her own. 

128x128slaw

The Mona Lisa Twins, whom I just discovered while listening to as many versions of Brian Wilson’s "God Only Knows" as I could stand. The Twins---two sisters, true twins, from Austria, and my favorite new musical discovery in a long time---do the best cover of it I’ve ever heard. In one way I like it better than the original by The Beach Boys: no Mike Love. ;-)

I listened to a bunch of The Twins YouTube videos, and they are a trip! They have a bunch of albums listed on Amazon, all real expensive for some reason. Have to do some investigating. I think I’m already in love with the blonde. Apparently John Sebastian likes them a lot, too: he joins them on their video of his Lovin' Spoonful song "Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind."

"Sid Vicious’ 1979 Sid Sings is a fun live album."
I have not heard that album, but Sid Vicious in My Way is the top.

glupson,

"Sid Vicious’ 1979 Sid Sings is a fun live album."
I have not heard that album, but Sid Vicious in My Way is the top.

You'll like it if you're a fan of the Stooges, New York Dolls, Ramones etc. Probably my favourite live album even if I don't play it very often.

Punk was not the entirely British invention that we thought it was - as we later found out. Its musical roots were firmly in the US/New York scene but we hadn't heard those bands. No one played them here back then.

At the time it was quite shocking. Quite a few years passed before the academics got their teeth stuck in and analysed it to death and the MSM could breathe again.