Your vote for greatest (covers) album

Mine is Annie Lennox "Nostalgia". Not only is she one of the greatest female voices ever, she knows how to make a song her own. 

128x128slaw
slaw,

I am writing from the memory so I may mess something up, but it was recorded on the cassette or a Mini Disc, I think. One song is from the portable recorder next to the drummer, etc. Hardly an audiophile set-up. It does convey the atmosphere well, though, so if you want "be there" feeling this is a good one.

’At the last moment, Kortes decided to tape her scheduled performance of “Blood on the Tracks.” Having only a cassette to make a board tape, the first side came out OK, but the second side was problematic.

Then she found someone had recorded the entire performance on a mini-disc. After passing copies along to Billboard magazine and www.dylancoveralbums.com, Kortes thought that would be the end of the story."

https://archive.triblive.com/news/rock-road-ahead-looks-promising-for-mary-lees-corvette/

Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings and Food.

Not necessarily my favorite (not sure that is possible) but it ranks up there with the best.
George Gobel's cover of "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" should be @ the top of "any" list.

Aside from that I would go with the CB Junkies and Phrank (sp).

DeKay
Maybe I misunderstood the OP?
Thought it was your favorite greatest covers ALBUM??