Are CD players goig the way of the 8 track,and the cassette?

Streaming seems to be gradually pushing the CD player into extinction.My CD's are in the closet,and may never return!
rockysantoro
CD's seem to be as available as ever, just not at your local store...and will be for quite some time...
I miss my 8 track in the glove compartment of my '67 Camaro convertible...
Think I would miss the 67 Camaro convertible a teensy bit more than the 8 track in the glove box.........
But to join reality.

I started a thread a while back that the main gist of it was of my local WalMart having stopped selling CD,s period.
Nobody seemed to concerned at that time either.

Pretty funny though as that same Walmart now stocks a fair selection of vinyl.......
When the Camaro was totalled In 1978 the 8 track kept playing as the smoke rose... took it out and put it in my 73 Skylark. Yeah sure miss that Camaro
As luck, or the lack there of, happens I was preparing for an evening of listening as I was preparing to insert a new Sain pc into my system. I was going to start with a few favorite tracks and then make the switch to identify any immediate changes, Unfortunately, my DAC elected to crap out for one reason or another and I was left with my Nal CR7a as a source as I did not want to stream through my Dynalab 809.

I spent the night listening to tapes that were made some 20 years ago and from memory of the original CD's no discernable difference in SQ.

Cassettes dead...I think not, they saved the day...