Doe you enjoy your listening to music and your system more with others or alone?

It’s no doubt that us as Audiophiles spend a lot of time listening to music by ourselves. It’s just the way
it’s, a hobby most others don’t understand. So do we prefer to listen by ourselves or is it more enjoyable 
with others? For myself, I generally enjoy listening by myself. Usually when another Audiophile friend is over listening it becomes more about the sound ( system ) than the music. Also, they only want to hear
music that brings out the best in the system and for myself let’s just listen to what’s playing. 
Non-Audiophiles tend to get bored easily if they don’t like the music, and can be even more picky about
what music you play for them. Non-Audiophiles put no value in the sound. They only want to hear their favorite music and that can be even more frustrating. At least acknowledge it ( sound ) even if you can’t hear the difference.
For myself it’s more enjoyable alone, but that doesn’t mean all the time, or does it?

hiendmmoe
I have Wednesday’s off so that I can listen to my system alone and loud. Nothing like The Allman Brothers Live at the Fillmore at 96+ DB’s. 
I used to really look forward to music nights with a couple of friends both into audio. Great music generally, going by the latest reviews from Uncut magazine with tea and biscuits etc. It was usually a Thursday evening and often finished late. Work in the morning for me was the only reason it didn't finish later.

In the end there was just the three of us skipping between vinyl, CD, streaming and a bit of YouTube. We did try to invite other people but then one of us might get uncomfortable or as on one occasion, the new visitors got silly and started playing some Britney Spears/Kanye West stuff. They were not invited back.

It was very important to have a good atmosphere and a selection of music we all had some interest in. Not always easy as I remember struggling to stay awake on occasion whilst one of the others played some Northern Soul or some other five star reviewed album which would soon be forgotten. 

Highlights included an original mono copy of Sgt Pepper, some Steely Dan, some Floyd/Gilmour, last Bowie LP (Blackstar), tons of Americana, Kate Bush, Cat Stevens, some lesser known Dylan LPs (New Morning, JWH, and the Basement Tapes etc), lots of Ryan Adams, Lambchop, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Springsteen etc.

Hopefully one day we'll be able to reinstate our music nights once this Covid thing finally settles down. 
Mostly solitary, sometimes with another person, but you need a individual who has the ability to 'shut up and listen' otherwise it just becomes background music.
@geoffkait , that's ok....we all have those 'interior dialogs'...*S*

It's when you answer yourself, out loud, in a voice that isn't yours....nor is it one you could manage to mimic....

First sign of M.I.; Multiple Identities.....'the Waster'

It's when you find yourself listening to something that you've no awareness of cueing it up, much less owning it in the first place...

You may ask yourself, "How did I get here?!" ;)