Roon: is it just a pretty face for browsing music?

I’m curios about getting Roon and using it to integrate with my Bluesound player because BlueOS kind of sucks. 
I use Qobuz as my streaming music choice but wanted to know if there’s another reason to use Roon versus the BlueOS. 

Is it just a pretty face where you can read about all the artists and albums because actually in don’t really care about the band members or anything. 
Is there ways to find new similar music to the one your listening to, etc? Or similar artists?
todd1010
I use Qobuz and Roon. I enjoy Roon for the way it organizes my music library, lets me listen to ad free radio stations and helps me easily discover new music. Because Roon has a free trial period, that's an easy way for you to decide. However, you need a computer to run the Roon core, which will connect with your Roon "endpoint" device.
No it's a bit more than a really nice interface... it does give you pretty much full control over your sound settings (incl. upsampling, filters, etc.). Even without any DSP active, Roon does sound better than for example Mconnect with my PS Audio DirectStream Sr (with bridge II).

Also, you don't need to have your Roon core computer connected to the end-point, but it needs to be on the same network. I have my Mac in my office and my DirectStream in the basement. No direct connection at all... the Mac is connected to my network wirelessly and the DSS is wired directly to the router.
Mostly, yes. But not just pretty -- functional for those who want to find things in Tidal or Qobuz (which are badly indexed for classical music) or who want to find things in their own local libraries and who haven't made sure they are tagged well.
So I’d have to have my iMac which is connected via wireless with the Roon running on it and then I can have my Bluesound player which is hardwired in another room and this would work?