Streaming: WiFi or wired??

Looking to get a new streamer for a system based on Kii Three. WiFi signal is good but I’m also told that wired is always better. Specific streamer advice also welcomed; (no need to rip CD's). Thx in advance for any/all advice!
benchwarmer
In my opinion:

Wired vs. wireless is just a matter of convenience and network connectivity and not SQ.  My Netgear router/wap is a nice strong solid connection to my streaming Macbook.  I do have the Netgear plugged into an Isotek power strip just because I could so that might help with the electrical stuff.

As far a a streamer, I had an Altair but went back to the Macbook, again for its convenience and flexibility.  I use the Toslink to connect the Mac to the Dac so they are electrically decoupled.

I stream Spotify but bitperfect since I use Amarra SQ+ and I get to play around with its EQ and audio conditioning filters.  It is pretty wild to see how much garbage the AC filters out.  It sounds like computerized garble.
There's the rub. What worked yesterday doesn't work today. Technology outstripping software and hardware. Makes one want to hide and not go outside. Wait a minute...
I just ran a test the other day.
My DSL modem can be connected with an ethernet cable, or switched on to run WiFi.
I made two video files downloaded from the internet.

The WiFi was not as precise and clear. The copper wire download was clear and the sound was better. But, you should get better quality ethernet cabling for the best sound.

If you are going to stream hard wire using CAT6.  Otherwise you will get signal breakup.
I'll second larry's notion on CAT6. I have a new Node2i that I started with wifi. The setup was a challenge.  For networking reasons, I moved my router from another floor to the stereo cabinet in my lair. When I hooked up the provided ethernet cable, I was impressed with a lower noise floor, etc. And there was no setup.
Upgraded to AQ Pearl and am like a pig in mud.