Dedicated transport or CD player as transport?

My system is simple, Marantz 6006 as a transport to Denefrips Ares 2 DAC then on to a PrimaLuna integrated. I've been toying with the idea of a dedicated transport, but I'm not sure if there would be a SQ improvement worth the investment. The Marantz sounds pretty good by itself, but when I added the Ares 2, I like the sound better, its smoother/less digital/less bright. I've read some posts and reviews of dedicated transports, and some claim a noticeable improvement-better bass, more detail. The 2 transports I've been eyeing are these: Audiolab 6000CDT Dedicated CD Transport or the Cambridge CXC. Thanks for your input.
dtapo
jl35 - does the cxc play CDR's? I have quite a few discs burned off my hard drive. Also what are the main improvements you heard with a dedicated transport?
I'm currently using a Nuprime CDT-8 with factory authorized TDSS mods, also excellent...I already had coax cables and power cords so no extra expense there, and now I get to use my very good sounding CD6006 in a second system...
Just my opinion but would you gain that much better sound for the money?  You have pretty good components so would the CA CXC be that much better than your Marantz 6006?  Would you be better off selling the DAC and moving up the line?