Quicksilver audio silver 88 mono amps

I'm considering buying a set of these from the music room in Erie, Colorado.  Does anyone have experience with this amplifier.  My McIntosh MC75's need some work and I'm going to have them refurbished to factory specifications.  I want something in the meantime to use in my system.  Thanks for your input.

Mike 
zardozmike
@zardozmike please let us know what you think of your new amps.

Quicksilver amps are all very good sounding and outstanding values, IMHO.

Yes Mike has updated over the years but he’s never made anything you’d regret buying if you like pure tube amps. Running a powered sub is always a good solution to bass issues with tube amps.

I have a pair of Quicksilver Silver 60s, he only made them for 2 years. I’ve enjoyed them for 15 years.

TMR tend to have some pretty high prices. I just bought an amp from them about 3 weeks ago and it was priced at max market value. The good news is it looks like it was never used and I'm happy with it.

It seems to me that they were available at the right time. When my mac’s started to act up Quicksilver was the first search. I always liked the V4’s and thought there might be a used pair looking for a home. I used to live in Sacramento and had visited Mike at the factory. I like to buy from people like him.
I have a pair of QS Silver Seventies. Great sounding and trouble free for the past eleven years since purchasing them. A good friend of mine sold his Audio-Research amp and bought the QS M120 amps and he is very happy. So I guess I’m a QS fanboy!
Have owned the Silver 88’s for the past 5 years. I have a friend who had them previous to my purchase and still does. There is an issue with two of the electrolytics that I was fore warned by my friend, not if but when they would fail. Well finally 3 years in they failed. Mike Sanders mailed a replacement set which I replaced. Mike offered a long term fix to this problem if I would send the amps to him. Luckily for me, this was remedied by my friend who with Mike’s blessing did a final fix, improvement in the power delivery was significant, an added benefit and surprise! So it was more than just a "fix".

So as to the amps overall performance; I’ve owned ARC, Berning, CJ, Trancendent, and McIntosh tube gear and am familiar with many other esoteric/boutique amps both tube and SS. I’ve listened to the 88s for the past 5 years in my current set-up with the latest 3a DeCapo speakers. "For the money" in the right set-up one can expect reference performance well beyond what you might expect at the price. Also of importance, to me at least, point to point wiring which means long term reliability and flexibility. These are great amps and depending on the speaker might be well worthy of consideration. Amazing resolution about as good as you might ever expect, certainly that is my impression. I can’t say enough about these amps at this price point. Beyond my above comments, all amps are system dependent with a given speaker in a given system so the usual cavaets. Do your homework.