Brand new Vandersteen Model 2's

I can't wait to hear them. I've been hearing about them for a while now and have been told that they are THAT good compared to the model they supersede.  The price only went up $100 which is typical Vandersteen.  I'm still amazed that they can offer this much value in this speaker.  I tried to find the thread on this, but wasn't able to.  I'm not the best at searching for things, but hope this thread suffices.  
ctsooner
Guys, I'm basing my opinion on what I was told. Marketing wise, they could never have their 3300 speaker come close to the Treo.  There are so many differences when you add in how much more they can put into the higher priced speaker.  

That said, I bet the new 2's will be crazy good. When he upgrades components in one speaker, he ofter upgrades them in the other ones, but doesn't say anything.  How about this...I'd be in a state of shock if the 2's are nearly as good as the Treos, but they will most probably do some very special things (based on what I was told by someone who has been hearing them for a while now).
Ct, Bob. All is good. I don't want to make a big thing out this  Maybe I already have. I apologize. I'm just trying to get a feel for how good this new model 2 is. I haven't heard it yet, but I bet it is pretty special. Can't wait to hear a pair!  :-)
M, all is great man.  I spoke with someone who's gotten his broken in and he says it's a large upgrade.  He's not one for hyperbole, but Richard has never been one to upgrade until the sound is just on another level than the past model.  I can't wait to hear them.
It will be a testament to great design if Richard can continue to improve upon the 1,2 and 3's- Especially considering that the basic design was made more than 40 years ago.
My impression of moving from the 3a sigs to the Treo's is definitely an increase in refinement, which I attribute to the cabinet design.
But, if Mr. V. can make the bare bones 2's approach the Treo's, I will tip my hat to him.

Bob
I know some guys with 3a sig w muscular power amps ( think Threshold or Musical Reference RM-200 ) that while ceding ground to the Treo in refinement can and do rock n roll with the low base extension on the 3. The massive sound anchors are a must.
fun