Jazz for aficionados (removed)

First, I would like to hear some logical explanation for removing the bioggest, most viewed and very educational thread on forum.
Than I will express my opinion about such move and hope some of you will do the same
alexatpos
Last posts I saw were few from Schubert, mentioning following US holidays, canadian ww2 sailor veterans and one where organ is played in a church.

I can understand that some posts which were not related to music may seem redundant, but they were rare and not really offensive to anyone.
Even if they were, its possible to remove the post (happened before) and continue with the thread.

By removing the entire conversation that lasted for years and that had so many usefull informations with so many beautiful music that represents the cultural heritage which is on the best way to be lost and forgotten is an unprecedented and unwise move on such scale that any political rant on these pages seems pale and comic in comparation, to say at least.
Oh, oh, oh. I do not believe that Audiogon staff, if did it, did it on purpose. There is nothing wrong with the postings being not strictly related to the theme (jazz) now and then, as long as 90% of the thread is about the theme. One cannot completely avoid (and why it should?) other subjects after so many years of participating in addition to good vibe between mostly long time participants.
I followed the thread even though I rarely (if ever) posted in it and don’t know what its most recent posts might have said. But there are a few users here who go out of their way to inject politics into their discussions and they can derail the conversation. The moderators don’t have the time or inclination to babysit a thread, so they’ve been known to kill a thread that becomes unruly. That may be what happened here.

This is all why we users should stick to the topics here - which are basically audio and/or music - and leave the politics aside. This is a private group and the First Amendment doesn’t apply.
I bet it was a mistake and they will rectify it in short order.

One reason they may have deleted the thread is that it has been so popular for so long with so many posts that they may have had to make the tough decision to either delete the thread or buy a new server with more storage. (Tongue i cheek)