70’s rock pressings. Witch equipment deserve?

I have 3.000 LP, most of it 70’s prog rock. Some of them are “audiophile” pressings (Classic Records... etc). But just a few.

Is it worth it a expensive capsule/phonopreamp for that kind of recordings? 

I know that classical music, or jazz masterings were masterworks in their times, and deserves the best capsule/preamp you can buy.

But I dont’t know if Genesis, PF, King Crimson, Magma... 70’s pressings would get much better with a super capsule or it’s better to invest in other parts of the chain to achieve the best sound.

Thanks! Be safe!
ramon74
chakster, There were major differences in quality between the genres. Motown made the worse pressings ever. Rock and Jazz are hit and miss.

It has nothing to do with the genre, it depends on the pressing pant, mastering of each release and country/region where it was pressed. It is also depends on the recording itself, because not every band can make a proper recording.

Japanese pressing from the 70s (from the original master tapes) is the best for all genres.

Classical was handily the best.

I don’t listen to classical music and i’m not into rock music.

Fortunately, those us with turntables have become a lot more discriminating and are willing to pay for top notch pressings. Records are now better than ever.

Reissues are not better at all, in 99% they are worst ever, because they are digitally remastered, if you’re lucky they are made from an old master tapes. But comparing to the best original (vintage) pressing those reissues are very bad (most of them).

I don’t care about new records, as the OP i collect vintage vinyl, mainly from the 70’s.

When someone looking for turntable, speaker, phono stage, cartridges it is for all genres of music. The rest is personal preferences and just speculations. 

You want something that can carry a rhythm but get that right and the it’s worth it. The recent Well Tempereds or Regas fit the bill, Linn as well if you don’t mind spending. I’m not as convinced by the Technics as some but I’ve only heard one (a limited edition something or other) with an SME V arm and that will suck the life out of any deck.
I found that about 20% of rock albums in the 70s can be considered quality recordings. I play those on my VPI classic with Lyra Kleos mc cart or zephyr mi cart on moon audio phono preamp. The rest of them I will play on pro-ject TT with ortofon cart and puffin phono preamp. Awesome little gadget to bring up whatever tonality is lacking in poor recordings. The puffin allows me to listen to albums I had given up on.
If I get a cart. w/ shibata, micro ridge, line contact etc and can't adjust for VTA is there still a difference between them and an eliptical/ conical?. Grace 707 arm.
...feed the output to a pair of Crown amps to JBLs'....

Listen to it with what made it sound great 'then'. :)