70’s rock pressings. Witch equipment deserve?

I have 3.000 LP, most of it 70’s prog rock. Some of them are “audiophile” pressings (Classic Records... etc). But just a few.

Is it worth it a expensive capsule/phonopreamp for that kind of recordings? 

I know that classical music, or jazz masterings were masterworks in their times, and deserves the best capsule/preamp you can buy.

But I dont’t know if Genesis, PF, King Crimson, Magma... 70’s pressings would get much better with a super capsule or it’s better to invest in other parts of the chain to achieve the best sound.

Thanks! Be safe!
ramon74
Your cartridge, turntable or phono stage are irrelevant to the genre of music. Why do you think a rock vinyl pressing is different from soul vinyl pressing ?

If you want to improve playback of vintage vinyl from the 70’s buy yourself a nice vintage MM cartridge from the same era with Line Contact type stylus (avoid spherical/conical or elliptical).

The reason for advanced profile is very simple:
Most of those old vintage records are used, most of them have been used with cheap cartridges with very simple diamond profiles like conical or elliptical.

Line Contact, Micro Ridge, Stereohedron, Shibata... profiles can improve the sound quality because they have wider contact with the groove walls of the vinyl, there are previously untouched part of that grooves because simple/cheap stylus profile can’t reach that part of the groove due to very small contact area.

There are many great modern phono stages on the market, buy one of them for MM.

Regadring turntables you can always buy brand new Technics Direct Drive like SL1200GR for example.

chakster, There were major differences in quality between the genres. Motown made the worse pressings ever. Rock and Jazz are hit and miss. Classical was handily the best.  Fortunately, those us with turntables have become a lot more discriminating and are willing to pay for top notch pressings. Records are now better than ever. 
1000 records is still a whole lot. Buy the darn turntable and get to it. You have a lot of listening to do.  
"expensive capsule/phonopreamp"

Any record will always sound more convincing with a better cartridge. A cartridge will always sound nicer with a better phonostage. The price doesn't dictate what your ears will like. 
HI,
70 s pressings include a lot of masterworks, so get the best you can afford. All of the prog bands had many great recordings on Island, TFCL, Deram, Chrysalis, Manticore, Virgin, Harvest....

My vinyl collection is the same era of music and style as yours and the better the table, arm cartridge and phono stage, the better sound you will get.  I started off with an inexpensive Rega Planar 3 with a Linn K9 MM cartridge and moved up a few times and every time I got better and better sound.  It all boils down to how much you are willing to invest.