AQ Firebird vs Hurricane Power Cord Comparo

Has anyone compared the two? I am burning in a Hurricane HC cord on my preamp (too much trouble removing my Elrod Silver from power conditioner and wall and connecting to pre, and moving Hurricane to where Elrod was). As it burns in (about 75 hours so far) I am mighty impressed. Audible increase in transparency, realism in midrange and depth and tightness of bass. Now of course considering the Firebird, if there is an audible step up. Dragon cost-prohibitive as new PC. Thx.
Neal
nglazer
This has not been my experience, folkfreak (great screen name!). I have had the Hurricane PC for about a month (50-75 hours) and have recently noticed an audible improvement in transparency, realism and bass performance. I have not changed anything else in my system. I heard a difference from my prior LessLoss top-of-the line ( a favorite) but was not sure it was an improvement. Now I am.
Neal
Hello Neal, I was wondering if you ever got to try the Firebird power cable? happy with the Hurricane?
Sorry for delayed reply. Never did try Firebird; I am happy with Hurricane. Stay safe.  Neal
Never tried the Firebird but after having a 20A HC Hurricane connected to my Niagara 7000 for a year now I began to wonder if the power cord was too bottom up in sound. I really wanted to try a Dragon, but lets just say I’m not rich.
I decided to make one on my own. I used 10 gauge .9999 pure soft silver wire and the best Teflon oversized tubing I could find. I covered the tubing with some granite mesh from Parts Express. I terminated the cables with Furutech F-50 NCF fittings and used Furutech Nano liquid on the connections. Heck, I even braided it like the Dragon.

To my surprise the Hurricane was holding back my system. My new power cord brought so much more life to the music it is awesome. However it did take a few weeks to fully flesh out. 

BTW, my Hurricane is now connected to my Audioquest 1200 which powers my 2 JL F-113 subs.

ozzy

@ozzy - I tried finding granite mesh on Parts Express and it doesn't show up as a product. Do you have a link or is there a brand name ?