Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
The word "all" does not appear anywhere in my post.  Deliberately.  The omission of all implied a "most", so I'll now make that explicit.  You are something of an exception, a noble and notable one.
I am moving back to the prior page here, speaking of the sensitivity of the speakers. Aren’t sensitivity figures, taken with a microphone from 1 meter, generally, with a single tone, at 1 K ? This would not correspond, when playing full range music, ime.
@mrdecibel

Good question, MrD.

Over the years it has become clear to me that sensitivity ratings provided by speaker manufacturers are very often and perhaps usually overstated by a few db. In some cases I suspect that the manufacturers are basing their numbers on some anticipated but unstated amount of "room gain." In some other cases I wouldn’t be surprised if they may be cherry-picking the measurement frequency such that it coincides with a small (or not so small) peak in frequency response. John Atkinson alluded to that possibility in this writeup:

The problem is that loudspeakers tend not to have flat response. It is very tempting, therefore, for a speaker company’s marketing department to look for a peak in that unflat response and say that, because the speaker gets that loud at that frequency, that’s the sensitivity.

As you are most likely aware, though, if a speaker has been reviewed by Stereophile JA’s measurements which usually accompany the review are done using a very sophisticated instrument known as MLSSA. The resulting sensitivity measurement is based on the entire audible spectrum, but with B-weighting applied to roll off the bass and the uppermost treble to some degree. As he said in the writeup linked to above:

I feed the loudspeaker with 20kHz-bandwidth noise at a standard level, capture the output waveform with the DRA Labs MLSSA system used in its storage-oscilloscope mode, and apply B-weighting to the 1/10-octave-smoothed power response to reduce the effect of bandwidth differences. Stereophile has performed four sets of single-blind tests involving 30 different loudspeaker models with the loudnesses equalized on the basis of the B-weighted sensitivity assessed in this manner. These tests indicate a reasonable connection with perceived loudness on music. Only with loudspeakers that had a grossly unflat on-axis response did it still prove somewhat unreliable.

Also, speaker reviews which have appeared at SoundStageNetwork.com
are usually accompanied by measurements performed by the National Research Council of Canada (speaking of Dr. Floyd Toole, mentioned in a post above), which bases sensitivity figures on an average of the speaker’s response throughout the region between 300 Hz and 3 kHz.

Best regards,
-- Al
I knew from comments to expect at least a month. When Tammy told me to expect about a month I didn't say anything, even though it seemed awfully optimistic. Some businesses are closed but others like Tekton are getting slammed with orders from people stuck at home getting fat UI checks and $1200 per from IRS. 

My first table was a Basis with a Graham arm. The dealer took my money and then turns out didn't have the arm and it was weeks with him telling me at one point I should be lucky to get one. I said well when I get one I will but I don't have one that's the problem!! Grand Seiko Spring Drive, beautiful watch, worth every penny, #64 of 200, but waited three months just to get an extra link. These are the bigger companies. My experience has been micro niche market products are not just sitting around waiting for orders.

My Moab’s are on the way. The way you know is they send you a bill of lading if they’re being shipped and you also get an email. Mine will probably hit Ohio Monday.
 By the way I bought a set of lore speakers for our fellow who works for me as a gift. I was impressed, they sounded great very lively and fun. I was running them off a little 25 W amplifier that I had