A/V Receiver Recommendation for a newby.

Hi folks. I'll be the first to admit I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to home theater systems.  I know the basics . I recently bought a  pair of Bowers and Wilkins 702 s2 speakers along with the htm 71 s2 center  channel. I have a pair of PSB GB1 book shelf for the rear speakers.  I currently have an Onkyo TX-NR676 a/v receiver.  I've been told by multiple people that this receiver isn't powerful enough to drive the B&W speakers and am looking to upgrade. I do have a limited budget after shelling out $6000 in speakers. I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Onkyo  TX NR 797 or Denon avr 2600h or recommendations My max budget is $1000.
Thanks in advance. 
elwayfan
Thanks Kren. I will definitely keep my eyes out for that. Thanks everyone for the input.  I've learned a lot!
OP:  Marantz just announced its new line of AVRs this week, so last years models should either be on sale now or soon, if interested.  The new models are denoted SRXX15 (where XX is either 50, 60, 70, 80).  

Last year's models are SRXX14;  previous year SRXX13, etc.

I got an SR5012 just under two years ago.  Marantz really pushes new AVR models out every year.  Usually there isn't much that changes, though I haven't kept up since my purchase and can't speak to specific changes year-to-year.