A/V Receiver Recommendation for a newby.

Hi folks. I'll be the first to admit I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to home theater systems.  I know the basics . I recently bought a  pair of Bowers and Wilkins 702 s2 speakers along with the htm 71 s2 center  channel. I have a pair of PSB GB1 book shelf for the rear speakers.  I currently have an Onkyo TX-NR676 a/v receiver.  I've been told by multiple people that this receiver isn't powerful enough to drive the B&W speakers and am looking to upgrade. I do have a limited budget after shelling out $6000 in speakers. I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Onkyo  TX NR 797 or Denon avr 2600h or recommendations My max budget is $1000.
Thanks in advance. 
elwayfan
I would say ht is  about 70% of my usage and 2 channel music listening the other  30%. Thanks.
Buying a used Anthem MRX 520 (or similar) is likely your best bet.  Then look for a good 3 channel amp in the future to use for your front speakers.  The Anthem AVR receivers have analog pre-outs so that you can add an external amp anytime.
Thanks Aux. I did research the Anthem per your recommendation.  It does look good. However the  520 doesn't have Dolby Atmos or DTS X which I've switched most of my movies to 4k ultra with one of those two as the  sound format. I saw the next step up the 720 does but is around  $2500. I'm very naive about preamps to be honest.  Right now I'm bi-wiring and bi-amping the two towers. Was hoping maybe the Denon 4500h would be a vast improvement over what I have. Thanks so much.  I may wait a few months and save for the Anthem if you guys feel it's worth the $1,200 money difference. My wife wants me to get something that will last for  5 years or better.
For your information, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X are not hard requirements.  You can play a Dolby Atmos movie through a normal non-Atmos processor and it will work just fine.  Both formats are fully backward compatable.  I would say that you really only want to get a Atmos/DTS:X receiver if you actually want more than 7.1 channels (and height channels). 

The big problems with current compatibility are the 4K and HDR requirements.
Just because “other” people say you need a more powerful AVR doesn’t make it so.  If you don’t sense any distortion, strain, or lack of power you’re probably fine where you are.  Onkyo makes relatively good sounding AVRs, so if you’re happy I’d recommend just enjoying what you have and give your wallet a rest.  If you do get the upgrade bug in the future, and given you’re mainly a HT guy, I agree with others that Anthem should be at the top of your list.  

BTW, you didn’t mention a subwoofer.  If you don’t have one, that should be your next purchase without a doubt.  SVS makes very good and reasonably priced subs with excellent customer support and service if you’re in the market.  Hope this helps, and enjoy the new speakers!