Watt War

I always read about the amp wars of the 70's.
Can anyone tell me who won? 
(and was there a Marshall Plan?....sorry about that, couldn't resist.)
jpwarren58
I am a veteran. As always the soldiers are recruited from the young. I was in my teens when Bose attacked our high school with a multi-hundred watt salvo. Then came the Phase Linear. 200 massive watts!

At one point I myself was taken prisoner, placed in a dark basement, forced to sort and solder until I had created a Dynaco ST400. Like Captain Hilts I escaped many times- only to find all the stores occupied territory. THD, IMD, enemy propaganda everywhere.

For many years this went on. The nightmares, even longer. Only in recent years have I been able to talk about it.

In truth the war continues even to this day. The enemy you see is not what we think. Its not a thing that can be measured in watts. Its much more insidious. Its the ideology of technology. Meters uber alles.

The war has been won. But the battles rage on. Now leave me to enjoy my tubes in peace.

IMO the only real winners were the repair shops, FEDX/UPS, and anyone selling abdominal trusses.
Crown XLS1502! 300wpc/8ohms, 600wpc/4ohms. 9.8 lbs! $439! Look out all you manufacturers of 5-figure amps!