Suggestions for $2k budget

Greetings, and I hope you are all well.
Looking for speaker advice on a $2k budget. Used or new, tower or bookshelf, doesn't matter. I'm about a year into my audiophile journey and am about to buy a house with a small to medium sized space I'll be using as a listening room. I listen to mostly rock/electronic 
I respect your opinions very much, would be very grateful for any tips!
Thank you,
Bryce
bryce_3
second the buchardt s400 (and proper 28 in stands)

or vandys 2 or 3s

good luck have fun
I second Fritz Speakers for a bookshelf.
 I bought a pair of Fyne F501 from Gene Rubin in CA and I am very happy with them. I switched from Magnepan because I need an overall cohesive speaker from high to low and Fyne definitely do that very well.  I also noticed they have 502 special edition that borrow a lot from the 700 series with a lower price tag. Good luck!
2K is a great budget to start off in hifi with speakers. Like you i listen to mostly rock/electronic. For your smaller/medium space I would go with a smaller floorstanding speaker. 

• Monitor Audio Sliver 200/300 if you want to use all of that budget.
  • However, you can save quite a deal of money if you find an older used model. I just setup a system for friend with a Monitor Audio RS6 (which I bought on craigslist for $400) and they just sound fantastic with an NAD stereo amp. I was actually shocked how good they sound for the money spent.
My Spatial M4 Turbo S do electronic music well (all music), not too fussy with room placement either.  Sometimes i wish for a little more low end bass but very good value for money.