Zu + what DAC =Musical Happiness.

As the title suggests I am thinking of upgrading my DAC.  I currently have Zu Druid speakers, Melody el 34 integrated, eastern electric DAC+ being fed Qobuz through Audivarna. There are 2 main reasons for upgrading. First, EE never updated their Mac drivers past Yosemite so I can no longer use my Mac mini and am forced to run via windows work laptop and second while really good I assume the EE can now be bested. I mostly listen to indie rock, pop with some Hawaiian and jazz sprinkled in. So sound quality is not always the best.  Budget is less than 1200 used.  Based on reviews I am currently considering chord qutest and MHDT orchid but I have no experience with either. 
128x128jkontuly
Qutest, would be easy but i don't think that's possible yet here in LA. I did mean to add that if 213Cobra loves the MHDT that's a pretty strong endorsement. Given his gear one could infer that its not necessarily good for the money but just straight up good. thanks again. 
I would definitely recommend the Qutest.  Lots of us sell Chord on-line and offer 30 Day in-home trial.  Your only risk is return shipping which is about $16 as it fits nicely in a USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat-Rate Box.  I send out like three a week.  

If you were running a SS amp to the Zus, then it would make a lot of sense to go with the MHDT.  But, you may be doubling down too much with the Melody EL34.  
verdantaudio thanks for the information. When I am ready I might have to take you up on that offer!