The very best sound: Direct to Disc

Since I got a new cartridge (Clear Audio Virtuoso) i’ve rediscovered the Sheffield and RR Direct Disc albums in my collection.  
Wow! they put everything else to shame.  I picked up about twenty Sheffield D2D’s when Tower Records went out of business for a song (no pun intended.) I’m just now listening to them and find there’s nothing that sonically compares.  They’re just more real sounding than anything else.  Not spectacular but realistic.   
128x128rvpiano

Raul, with all due respect, I'm an electronics technician and I have to take exception to "MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS". That sounds good, and at one time that was my bible, until I discovered that if you can hear the music, disregard the distortions.

I was 100% specifications until my prized SS Pre bit the dust, and I decided to try tubes. I got a loaner PV-10 that had seen better days, there was apparent both noise and distortion in that unit, yet it was more musical than my SS gear.

Enjoy the music with as little noise and distortion as possible is my new motto.

With tubes there is always some noise, although it can be "inaudible", noise and tubes go together, even when the noise is so low that you can't hear it; consequently, Raul is saying always use SS without saying it.
Check out 2L for great sounding digital

i do have maybe 10 2L high rez files on my server. they do sound very good.

have not acquired any in a while. i'm streaming new music mostly, or acquiring vinyl. not much actual digital media ownership pondering.
Mike - both Tidal and Qobuzz have 2L content :-) O Death is a reference for me