The very best sound: Direct to Disc

Since I got a new cartridge (Clear Audio Virtuoso) i’ve rediscovered the Sheffield and RR Direct Disc albums in my collection.  
Wow! they put everything else to shame.  I picked up about twenty Sheffield D2D’s when Tower Records went out of business for a song (no pun intended.) I’m just now listening to them and find there’s nothing that sonically compares.  They’re just more real sounding than anything else.  Not spectacular but realistic.   
128x128rvpiano
I have a D2D Charlie Byrd on the San Francisco based Crystal Clear label. Good sound and music
I have a bunch of them as well - bought them when they first came out on vinyl!  Beware the CD of "Growing up in Hollywood Town", it sounds like someone did the smiley face on the EQ.

There is quite a bit of difference between the original records and the 96/24 FLAC copies available on HDTracks and elsewhere.  The records are more dynamic with a significantly deeper and more impactful bottom end.  Listening to the Amuseum cut on the Track Record - the difference in the bass is night and day in favor of the vinyl.
True dat.
I just I just put on a Sonic Arts Direkt to Disc today.
Wow!
Nothin 'beats Discovered Again!
Grusin and Sax. One take.
I bought Thelma Houston & Pressure Cooker- "I've got the music in me" when it was released and it's still like new. It's always been a go-to-album after I've upgraded something in my system... Fantastic musicians,  great engineering  and Thelma's flawless, beautiful voice. Doesn't get any better than this!