Are CD players goig the way of the 8 track,and the cassette?

Streaming seems to be gradually pushing the CD player into extinction.My CD's are in the closet,and may never return!
rockysantoro
I feel like many on here that they may struggle and will not be a mass market thing at all in years to come as Record players went as CD came in , having said that i also believe that "high end" High Quality sound reproduction from a small form physical format ...thats CD .. will always have a place as so many millions have been produced ..
I miss my 8 track in the glove compartment of my '67 Camaro convertible... 
Considering that there are hundreds of working 8 track players available on ebay right now,  some listed as new, I think that we will all be able to buy cd players for as long as we live.
Get a SONY Professional Walkman WM D3 portable cassette player like your friend and humble narrator, excellent condition $600. Hear what you’ve been missing all your life. Wouldn’t you really rather have a Sony? 🤗
geoffkait,

"Get a SONY Professional Walkman WM.....Wouldn’t you really rather have a Sony? 🤗"
I hope you did notice my little note the other day and acted on it. It was on some other thread.