Lower end Soundsmith cartridges vs others in same price range?

Soundsmith seems to be a great option for the long term due to their retipping prices. I'm just curious if the performance of the Otello or Carmen is better than anything under $1000 from AT, Ortofon, Hana, etc. I'm running a Technics 1200GR-Elac PPA-2 MM/MC Phono pre. 

I'm not looking for other options as much as opinions on the Soundsmith VS other options.
aberyclark
Actually Antinn, if you read the article you do not have to get too far to realize that it is gibberish, a joke. 
@mijostyn,

The effective mass of the cantilever can not be considered in the same way you would apply effective mass to a simple free-pivot tonearm, and the discussion in this article  http://pspatialaudio.com/analogy.htm#cantilever, highlights that.  The magnet mass and the cartridge suspension have significant impact.  The article models the mechanical components as a electrical model.

Otherwise, you can take what you wish from whatever you read.  
I have run The lowest price Soundsmith for a year and a Nagoka MP-200 on my other TT . Have even switched them.
The MP -200 is FAR better ! Both cost 400 $ .
TT''s were Pro-Ject Per.spect 6 and Rega  6 . Both of them cost the same .
Moving mass of Soundsmith is FAR less. So you have to change your mind. 
I do remind you it's moving cross from B&O stellar research times so it doesn't matter what you hear, it's proven by Youtube videos to be the best.
Nagaoka MP-200 has Boron cantilever.

SoundSmith Otello (if that was the lowest price SS) has aluminum cantilever.

Both cartridges comes with elliptical stylus.

SoundSmith is a mid compliance (22cu at 10Hz and can be ordered with high compliance 28cu too) while the Nagaoka compliance is much lower (7.2 @100Hz is about 12.3 cu @10Hz ! )

If they are about $400 then i have to say that a much better cartridges can be found for nearly the same price under $500 if you will look for a vintage MM or MI with better stylus profile like Stereohedron (Pickering XSV/4000) for example or maybe Grado XTZ MI with its Twin Tip for example (if you're lucky).