REL Subwoofer. Your input requested

Does anyone have feedback on the REL 212?   Specifically what is your opinion of the sub being connected with the speakon wiring via your amplifier vs a balanced output or such via sub out on processor?  Trying to decide if the sales philosophy on connecting your sub on the speaker out via amp is truly better.  I listen to home theater and 2 channel about 50/50 and SACD.   Any thoughts are appreciated.  FYI.  Considering the F212 vs this REL 212.
strenckr
One of the improvements they made with the upgraded S series is an improved filter specifically designed to improve home theater performance.
I have a pair of REL S5/SHOs with aerial acoustics 7T for stereo. I use this as part of HT with 7.2.2 configuration too and have seen amazing results with both set ups.
I use high level inputs "only" for 2 channel stereo (no LFE) and use both high level and LFEs with HT. This is how REL recommends. 
Agree that new S5/SHO replacement, the S812 have slightly better upgrades, and might be worthwhile to consider. I am going to stick with my S5/SHOs for a while.