Lower end Soundsmith cartridges vs others in same price range?

Soundsmith seems to be a great option for the long term due to their retipping prices. I'm just curious if the performance of the Otello or Carmen is better than anything under $1000 from AT, Ortofon, Hana, etc. I'm running a Technics 1200GR-Elac PPA-2 MM/MC Phono pre. 

I'm not looking for other options as much as opinions on the Soundsmith VS other options.
aberyclark
antinn, you have to be kidding me. This is an entirely different application and does not apply in any way to a stylus tracking the mechanical representation of sound. In reality "jitter" is most commonly called miss-tracking. Not only this but Soundsmith cartridges do not offer much if any improvement in effective mass over high quality low impedance moving coil cartridges. The effective mass is mostly determined by the mass that is farthest from the fulcrum. This would be the cantilever, it's length the size of the diamond and the way it is mounted. The mass that is close to the fulcrum, the generator end contributes minimally. The pictures Lederman uses to compare his cartridges to moving coils are a gross distortion of reality as he uses the oldest, largest MC assembly he can find against his smallest assembly. Try that again Peter but this time show us the assembly of a Anna Diamond or Lyra Atlas LO. 
Peter may be a nice guy but he is FOS when it comes to his marketing. Another thing. He is no Joseph Grado. He has not invented anything. He took an old design and optimized it with modern materials. Even his Strain Gauge cartridge is an updated copy of old designs. It will fail by the way. Most of us who can afford his system are wedded to our expensive pre amps and phono stages and are not about to pollute our equipment with electronics of the quality he uses in his system. I love being politically incorrect.
Actually Antinn, if you read the article you do not have to get too far to realize that it is gibberish, a joke. 
@mijostyn,

The effective mass of the cantilever can not be considered in the same way you would apply effective mass to a simple free-pivot tonearm, and the discussion in this article  http://pspatialaudio.com/analogy.htm#cantilever, highlights that.  The magnet mass and the cartridge suspension have significant impact.  The article models the mechanical components as a electrical model.

Otherwise, you can take what you wish from whatever you read.  
I have run The lowest price Soundsmith for a year and a Nagoka MP-200 on my other TT . Have even switched them.
The MP -200 is FAR better ! Both cost 400 $ .
TT''s were Pro-Ject Per.spect 6 and Rega  6 . Both of them cost the same .
Moving mass of Soundsmith is FAR less. So you have to change your mind. 
I do remind you it's moving cross from B&O stellar research times so it doesn't matter what you hear, it's proven by Youtube videos to be the best.