Amp and Preamp recommendations for Yamaha NS5000

Currently have SOTM 200 ultra -> denafrips terminator +dsp board -> Audio gd he9 pre amp -> dual bryston 4bsst -> NS5000.
I am loving the sound... just sounds incredible. But wonder about amp and pre amp upgrades down the road. Any thoughts on what might work well? These speakers are 87 db efficient.
So far thinking all pass labs amps + pre.

Ok with buying used. Would like to keep things under $20k if I can. Thanks.
smodtactical
@smodtactical I believe you need some power for these speakers. The Pass looks totally unsuited for the NS 5000. I believe you like to listen with some volume and you mentioned that you also have a bigger room in the cards for the speakers.

If you are looking for that Class A sound from PASS, I mentioned to you to have a listen to the CODA #8 and/or #16. There is a dealer up in Winnipeg that is always advertising on USAudiomart.com CODA equipment and has good prices. @Teajay has done some reviews and posted info on this web site about CODA. Some folks who I have PM’ed with on A’gon, and own these amps, really love them. The #16 is 100 watts of Class A and total of 150 with a beefy power supply. I only mention them because you like PASS.

I have a callback from a dealer to audition the CODA #16 when they get them in. I will take the new gear I bought for the NS 5000 to the audition, the Benchmark HPA4 preamp ($3k) and DAC3B ($1.7K). I was planning on a much more expensive DAC but wanted to give the DAC3B a try with the HPA4 for synergy. Love the combo, at worst the DAC3B is a backup but for now it is very satisfying.

I recently also bought a Meze Empy headphones ($3K) that has similar sound signature to the NS5000 (headphones are the main source of music in the pandemic, don’t ask). The combination with the neutral Benchmarks and Empy is so enjoyable. I have decided to get the Benchmark AHB2 monoblocks for $6K a pair for my future NS5000. It will be an all Benchmark system. I know it will be phenomenal. I am stating the prices because I think this is rather low cost for the sound I am getting. I owned the AHB2 before so I know it’s sound signature.

I also need a second amp for my existing speakers, so the Luxman m900u or CODA are the amps I am considering for that. Whatever, works the best with the HPA4 preamp. The AHB2 will be the main amps on the NS 5000 but I will occasionally use the other amp with the NS 5000. I will manually flip the 15 foot XLR interconnects between amps from the preamp output.

I know you are not that impressed by this AHB2 choice but I am so sure of this choice for the NS 5000, especially now after listening to the Empy’s.
Wow, you want to keep under 20K?!!! Wth!

You can get a great amp and preamp for SOOOOO MUCH LESS!!

use the rest for a CD player and a boatload of music!
and a down payment on a new car
YYZ did you already buy the ns5000? Would really love to hear what you think about the benchmark and Coda amps on the ns5000.
@arctikdeth Can you tell me what amp you recommend that would be better than my dual 4bsst?
Also no interest in CDs so i can focus on the amp.
@georgehifi what would you recommend for YG Hailey 2.2s? Unfortunately not sure measurements available and they are more efficient than the Sonjas and older Haileys.
@georgehifi what would you recommend for YG Hailey 2.2s

Sorry Keith, never heard them.
Also from what I can find, no "independent load measurements" has ever been done on them to see what kind of amp would really be suitable.
They apparently dip into 3ohms, I'd like to see where? and for how long?, also if there's high negative phase angle also at that frequency, they can easily start to look like 2ohm or even 1ohm to the amp.
Safe bet to run an amp like the Gryphon Diablo into them or a cheaper Parasound Halo A21+ or Halo JC1's if you can afford them.

Cheers George