Youngsters these days.

My 24 year old grandson finished his tour in the service recently and has been staying with us for the past several months. He got himself a good job, to help out and take care of himself, while deciding what to do in the future - back to school, etc.
After he got a few good pay checks, I joking suggested he buy his Pa a new CD player. If looks could kill. "Why would you want a new CD player?" He asked. I told him "just to upgrade the one I have". "No one buys CD players anymore" he exclaimed. "Then what's your Idea of fine Audio, a WalkMan?" I asked. "WOW! There's not even any such thing as a WalkMan any more" he said. To which I replied, "Ya there is, we have a guy on our forum who swears by em". He just rolled his eyes and said "No - Streaming! Using an iPhone or iPad you can get a streaming package and get all the music you want". "Why would I want to do That?" I asked "I have hundreds of great LPs and CDs, that I'm perfectly happy with." To that he replied "OK Boomer".  I guess that meant he knew I was right.
Why is it that youngsters just don't understand the love that some of us old folks have for our old LPs and CDs and we  have no interest in paying for another monthly service, to listen to all the music we already have?
jhills
Please Thank Your Grandson for His Service. My Son is in The Army Reserves. I just turned 50 last year but sold all my Vinyl 3 years earlier but transferred them all to 96/24 PCM files/DVD-Audio Discs. I don't miss the care and feeding that Vinyl requires. I am not the Nostalgic type that ritualizes the whole cue up, put arm down, and then turn over the record when the sides is complete kind of Audiophile anymore. 

A properly mastered/remastered SACD.DSD file will equal or surpass it's Audiophile Cut & Pressed Counterpart IMHO.
+1 dramatictenor
I don't get it either. When I was a kid I remember the snap, crackle pops with my so so turntables, cheap cartridge's and poor cleaning methods. We've come a long way. My LP's are for the most part noise free.
With that said, I am considering steaming. Only for back round music though as we have no good FM stations here. 
++dramatictenor and markpao I also have very little problems with crackle and pops on my LPs and overall, for critical listening, to me, they sound more musical and engaging than CDs, but I haven’t the experience with streaming to make a fair call there.

I do appreciate the convince of CDs, however, as I usually listen late at night or early mornings and it’s a bit easer to just sit back and enjoy the music, if I don’t have to jump up, turn on a light and perform a turn and clean ritual.

I truly did enjoy the old CA Audio CDP. To my ears it sounded very good, plus the convince of having a 5 CD changer.

@rajugsw Please Thank Your Grandson for His Service. My Son is in The Army Reserves.
I will and thanks to your Son as well......Jim