How do you share the sweet spot?

My 2.1 set up  only pleasures me when i sit or walk in the sweet zone. If I have guests over, I dislike sharing my position so they can experience the sound stage.  Is there anything one can do to share the sweet spot? Is a 4.1 or 4.2 set up the solution? Does the speaker, gear, position and set up dictate overall experience?(I'm sure it does)
How do you guys share the sweet spot? 
Is it ok to be sweet spot selfish? I feel that being an "audiophile" is also sharing the experience. 
Your thoughts please. Thank You!

tomavodka
In my dedicated, acoustically treated listening room, this is what works for me.
One guest only.
Guest always gets the sweet spot, I sit beside.
Guest always picks music, I always choose volume, unless guest requests louder or softer.
Enjoyed reading all the above posts, nice to hear how others deal with the problem of "the sweet spot".
Focus on the music...
I used to give my  guests the sweet spot and sit directly behind them. Yea I was being a good host but lousy company. It is taken more than  a little time and a few bucks but now I have a sweet spot over 6 feet wide so I have two very comfortable chairs side by side" Additional guests sit behind the two front chairs on barstools with back rests.
I don't think you really believe you have a sweet spot that is 6 ft. wide. You might have achieved balanced sound so that it is "good" for any listener in that window. But I assure you that when you sit on axis and equidistant between the two speakers, the sound is better than anything on either side of that small area. Just no getting around that.

Oz

Right you are, Oz. It is a physical impossibility. The sweet spot is after called the sweet spot, not pleasant zone, okay area, better than being in the other room, etc. That said, never underestimate the audiophile. With enough time and money it just might be possible to make things sound equally bad all over the place. Or failing that then at least over a 6 ft wide area.
If a guest shows interest or I have another musician over they are always offered the prime seat and choice of music.  After their choices are played I ask if they would entertain giving some of my favorites a go.  Nine out of Ten times I can see the expressions of joy and bewilderment that it is all coming from just two speakers and not a multi channel set up.  The joy of making music and sharing music is of much higher importance to me than taking the prime seat.  I can do that any other time.  To share a musical, moving experience and feel the sense of enjoyment for someone not into this hobby is quite rewarding to me.
What is a guest? Anywhere outside the sweet spot of my ESL57s sounds like crap.