Using a Rel Sub with a dedicated center channel

Anyone using a Rel subwoofer with their dedicated center channel in a home theater? Rel has a video on their youtube page from a couple years ago on how to do this and talk about the benefits a little. Someone in the comments makes the case that any channel in a HT can benefit from a subwoofer being added but it does have me intrigued. So much of the sound comes for a HT comes from the center channel it makes me think it might benefit. I am already running 2 SVS SB4000 in my setup. The Yamaha CX-A5200 I am using sets my B&W HTM 1 center channel at 120 hz for crossover and the Vandersteen 2ce sigs that are my are RL channels to 80hz. I actually really like the sound of everything right now but think maybe this can take it to the next level?
chief4425
I played around with the settings on the Yamaha a bit, I think I'm also searching for something that might not be there - I really like how everything sounds as is too. Seems like a subwoofer may be more of a waste than a benefit. But as always, we keep searching for whats next to upgrade. 
The lower in F you go, the more power the receiver has to put out. That is, the power shifts from the subwoofer to the receiver, so that's a little bit of a concern, also, the more bass a small speaker plays, the more distortion.

Without seeing what the receiver is doing precisely, I suspect that 80 to 120 Hz is in a good range.  In some cases you may be limited to hte smallest speaker defining the crossover.  For instance, if you have really small surrounds, which MUST be set to 120, the receiver may only be able to use 1 crossover setting and will choose 120 for all speakers, even if your center is bigger.
He's using a Yamaha CX-A5200, which is actually a processor. 

chief - what amp are you using? 

If you're looking for a next step, maybe try to look at matching your three front speakers.  That would make the sound much more cohesive.  There are definite problems when you have mis-matched speakers for the front stage.  The surrounds are not as critical, as long as they are close in sonic signature.
I’m using a Marantz mm8807 to power my center, surrounds and height speakers. Could it be there isn’t enough juice in the amplifier? 
The Marantz should be plenty powerful.  The Yamaha receiver could be setting a high 120hz crossover point because the center may not be producing as much bass because of room nodes and bass node cancellation.  It's not because the center won't do it.  It is likely your room that is causing problems.  I would still set the crossover lower, such as 80hz or 40hz.  The room will have the same bass nodes regardless of where the bass is coming from.