What do I do with this Auralic?

I recently and very impulsively purchased a display model of an Auralic Vega G2 (unused but reboxed) in a liquidationsale for $600. Now I have heard of Auralic and that they make great products but I am a novice in digital music. The Vega is easy to setup as a streamer and the DS Lightning control app is great. What is even better is the sound, Tidal and even Spotify sound great. It really is superb (to my old ears anyway).

My problem is I can't figure out how to play all my music stored on my NAS. About all I do know is that my NAS is too old and not powerful enough to play via HS USB. Has anyone on here used one of these and how. I have this thing about Roon and paying $595 or whatever for a licence and even then I still need something to store the music files.

A high spec NAS would work but I am not keen on this as it would need to be in the listening room. Or I could use it as a $600 paperweight!!! Any good ideas please?
128x128shamus2211
I see how it works now it's like the one I have. I use Cocktail, same specs,  It's a server also, if you add an internal drive, I added SSD to mine. SSD/or/HD, will work, for you also. They have a good silver disk spinner for sure.

You need to see if the older raid setup can be copied, NOT MOVED.
Still have a backup, ay?
You'll have a newer, server with all the goodies.. Volume control, balance options, balanced outputs.
Nice piece, really. Just a little teckie, and really not the best documentation.

Regards
Auralic has a community forum. The Chief Engineer of Auralic responds to requests daily. He might be able to help configure your NAS to work properly.

I believe you need a streaming device to feed / the Vega G2 into your system. A nice used Auralic Aries Mini ( ~ $300 ) with a better power supply would work well for this purpose. Someone on the Auralic forum might be able to help you find one. Of course, there are other similar inexpensive options from other manufacturers.

You can and should check with Auralic support to verify that you have the latest firmware and software installed in your Vega.

You got an amazing DAC at 90% off list? Well done. Congratulations!
Get a Synology NAS. A 418 or 918 is great and expandable.  You then:
simply store your music files on it. Power it up in your closet or office and it's out of sight, mind, and completely noise free. A used 916+ will also work great.

activate MINIM server on the NAS server.
If you want to use Roon to manage your files and your online content from Tidal and/or QOBUZ as a seamless whole, download Roon CORE for Synology. It is best to connect as solid state memory of 32-64 GB to the NAS USB port and store the Roon database on it.

If you aren't going to use Tidal and/or QOBUZ services with your own ripped music files, then you can simply use the DS Lightning App with your Auralic Vega.

The Auralic DS Lightning App can only look at one at a time of: QOBUZ, TIDAL, or your ripped music library.
The NAS doesn't need to go into the listening room.  You communicate with it via the ethernet cable.  The original VEGA would allow you to access the network wirelessly as well.  (If your VEGA has an orange character display you have a original Vega, not a Vega G2).  Those sell used for about 800-1200 typically and were very good.