Help with upgrade bug...

First time posting.   I've had this fairly satisfying system for some time now and am looking at upgrading to a higher end set of speakers.  Looking for a wider, deeper stage and possibly more involving presentation.  Listen to a lot of female vocals and acoustic music -- using XRCD and SACD, primarily.   

Oppo BDP 105
Benchmark DAC3 HGC (headphone or occasional Ipod/Mac duties)
Plinius 9200 integrated
Totem Acoustic Forest
Kimber Hero/8TC and Shunyata power cords
Monster HTS3600

Room is about 15x11 feet.   8 ft ceiling.   Current speakers are along the shorter wall, about 2 feet out, 6 feet apart.   

Budget probably around $5k, give or take (used or new).   I've been somewhat partial to standmounts but would not be totally opposed to another set of floor standers.   The low end extension of my Forests are for the most part, enough for my ears with the music I listen to.   If I do get standmounts, I wouldn't be totally opposed to adding a sub later on (although integrating them would be a different discussion altogether).  

I've looked considerably at the Dynaudio Confidence C1 (Platinum), Contour 20 or Special 40 (given I've heard good things about Plinius and Dynaudio synergy).   I've also considered the Joseph Audio Pulsars.   Unfortunately, demo possibilities are limited.  

Thanks! 

128x128benj273
The dynaudio c1 confidence platinum is a damn good speaker. I had them before I upgraded to my Magico S1MKII. They have pretty good bass extension as well.
I saw on the totem website that they say the forest goes down to 30hz at -3db in room. That is pretty low. I would like to audition them to see if they really do. 
The later model 9200 also has a set of balanced inputs. The Oppo should have a set of balanced outputs. If not being utilized, one may notice a sonic improvement from these I/O's. 
Totems usually image pretty well, 6’ apart should be looked at, treat first side wall reflections for $500
I have the same size room as you and listen to a pair of Charney Audio Companion horns with Omega RS7 drivers. My system is Sparkler Audio CD player as transport to a Digital Amplifier Company (DAC)  Dac 2 with volume control (HSV) to a DAC 2 Cherry Amp. Everything your looking for in wide deep engaging sound.   If your in the NJ/NY area make an appointment with Charney you’ll be glad you did.

http://charneyaudio.com/