How do you share the sweet spot?

My 2.1 set up  only pleasures me when i sit or walk in the sweet zone. If I have guests over, I dislike sharing my position so they can experience the sound stage.  Is there anything one can do to share the sweet spot? Is a 4.1 or 4.2 set up the solution? Does the speaker, gear, position and set up dictate overall experience?(I'm sure it does)
How do you guys share the sweet spot? 
Is it ok to be sweet spot selfish? I feel that being an "audiophile" is also sharing the experience. 
Your thoughts please. Thank You!

tomavodka
Here's my two cents. Regarding he OHM Acoustics "omnidirectional" Walsh speakers, those used to be fully omnidirectional, single-driver, full-range with no crossovers, in a sealed box enclosure (Ohm A, F models). Ohm later used 'vented' designs and reduced the upper bandwidth of the main driver, added a supertweeter for over 8 kHz. Sensitivity increased, power handling also. And, it goes deep into the bass.

The driver can of the Walsh 5000 (and some other Ohms) has sound absorption pads behind the driver to reduce the speaker output to the rear, which reduces the sound reflection off the wall behind the speaker. The speaker is then not fully omnidirectional, but widely so toward the front. This helps make the speakers act more like two sound sources not four, due to the reduced reflection from the wall behind the speakers.

Imaging can be heard around the room. Note that the imaging is not exactly the same everywhere, but does give a good impression. Great for home theater use. When sitting on centerline, they're even more impressive.

I have only two chairs in my room: one sweet spot and one directly behind the sweet spot chair. In the sweet spot you get enveloped by the music and are able to peer deep into it. In the secondary chair you get more of a wall-of-sound presentation. All guests, including my wife, get the sweet spot and control of the music and volume for as long as they wish. I am the volume knob turner to their preference of volume and also act as their waiter for whatever they wish to drink.
My test for  wide sweet spot is moving from center to outside the speaker assessing how much it changes tonally as well as moving around the room and into another room.  Maybe moving the speakers a bit further apart and pointed straight into the room when you have more people over may help if you want to give all yours guests a flavor of the speakers performance rather than give it up for one or two people.
In my dedicated, acoustically treated listening room, this is what works for me.
One guest only.
Guest always gets the sweet spot, I sit beside.
Guest always picks music, I always choose volume, unless guest requests louder or softer.
Enjoyed reading all the above posts, nice to hear how others deal with the problem of "the sweet spot".
Focus on the music...
I used to give my  guests the sweet spot and sit directly behind them. Yea I was being a good host but lousy company. It is taken more than  a little time and a few bucks but now I have a sweet spot over 6 feet wide so I have two very comfortable chairs side by side" Additional guests sit behind the two front chairs on barstools with back rests.
I don't think you really believe you have a sweet spot that is 6 ft. wide. You might have achieved balanced sound so that it is "good" for any listener in that window. But I assure you that when you sit on axis and equidistant between the two speakers, the sound is better than anything on either side of that small area. Just no getting around that.

Oz