Ported versus sealed speakers: is one type better?

Have two systems of wildly different scale and cost.  My main rig features Wilson Watt/Puppy 7's, while at my vacation cabin the system features Totem Rainmakers.

Got me thinking recently that both are ported designs.  And many box speakers are indeed ported designs.

However some of the best and most costly speakers are sealed - not ported.  Examples include Magico and YG Acoustics among others.

I realize ports are just one aspect of the overall design but I'm seeking opinions on whether one is inherently worse than the other (ported versus non ported)?

Thus would a Magico or YG have an inherent advantage over a Wilson, Rockport,  Von Schweikert or other top ported design?

Any thoughts?
bobbydd
Generally, sealed box enclosures, there are at least 3 types, have flatter base response curves than ported enclosures, but are less efficient.  Some ported enclosures have passive reverberators covering their ports to enhance efficiency, base content and flatness of response.  There are great examples of all designs, and there are some not so good examples.  It all comes down to what sounds good to you in your listening space.
I build high end speakers for a Utah based company. My company has utilized both designs with great success. I have spent years and years of listening to both. There’s just some thing about a well designed sealed speaker that sounds so good to my ear. Tight, quick. Not as efficient as ported, but feed it enough power and kaboom. 

I built a pair of speakers we never offered the public. It was a studio monitor with a very heavy cast frame 12” aluminum woofer, a 6.5” mid and Vifa tweeter. Man did it have an amazing low end response. 
I don't even consider ported speakers, although maybe a speaker with a passive radiator, I wouldn't automatically disqualify.
I also dont consider any speaker with a port or a transmission line. I am aware of the basic pros and cons of each design and tend to rely upon my experience listing to each type. The best bass I have ever heard always has come from a sealed enclosure. I believe the issue is more intrinsic than engineering and design.