Your One Bullet Point Solution; Electrical Upgrade

Two points; I am well aware of many threads on topic of electrical service. I do not have time to read hundreds of posts, but wish to distill them down with your help. I will also post this on the Tech Forum to get wider response:

Doing service upgrade to 100A. I plan on adding a whole house surge protector, type 2, add on to panel after the service enters house. Panel to the HT/Music room is not under consideration, as it was all updated when the room was built.

If anyone has important info/contradictory info on that plan, please inform.

What I would like to know in shorthand form from the community from those who have Done upgrades:

1. Recommended Panel? Brand, any difference?

2. I currently have sub-panel for HT/Audio room which I’m tempted to keep. I understand that this is a good move.
Electrician can sum all into a larger panel, but I have reservations. Comments/recommendations?

3. Particular wiring/breakers for panel/sub-panel for audio use?

4. Particular surge protector recommend.

As the topic has been covered much, notation form comments are welcome. Thanks for helping!

douglas_schroeder
I have a whole house surge suppressor at the meter put in by the electric company. They maintain it, and provide insurance to every electrical device inside the house. Not only is my audio room protected, but my other audio systems in other rooms, and all my appliances.
It cost me $6 a month.
During construction of my last few houses, I had them run multiple dedicated 20 amp circuits to my audio room, it’s cheaper to do it in the beginning than after the drywall is up
Ok. Here it goes. Do a 200 amp new main panel by Siemens or cutler hammer with copper busses. Your electrician should follow codes for ground rod install. Then attach a whole house surge protector to the main panel. Eaton is fine. Then for your audio, get a dedicated 20 amp outlet with an audioquest 20 amp nrg audio outlet. I’ve been a builder for 30 yrs and I just completed my 20th home. You will get rid of your sub panel since you will have plenty of breaker slots for your home. Have fun and good luck. 
Btw, this will not be cheap. Not sure where you’re located but in Chicago it at least 3k. 
I would assume you are doing this undertaking to make sure that power is not a limiting factor in sound quality.  Before you spend all these money, lets look at what and why.  Given that otherwise power quality is acceptable (no EMI, etc.), the main limiting factor from AC power would be too high of output impedance, i.e. sagging even for a shortest time under changing load.  A valid concern, since this introduces nonlinearity, intermodulation distortion, and reduction of dynamic range.  But the current rating of your incoming power and details of your distribution panel are not the main bottleneck in the entire power budget.  The in-wall wiring and all the old twist-on connections are.  Unless you recently upgraded your wiring and know exactly what it is, my guess is that likely you have AWG12 solid wire connection at best, or even thinner wire.  NEMA requires AWG14 for 15A branches and AWG12 for 20A branches  With long runs and likely several twist-on connections with possible oxidized copper you may not see much actual difference once you are done with the upgrade you've mentioned.    
If the situation with wiring is what I described, you would better off using a good quality power conditioner that would compensate for the deficiencies of old wiring.  To toot my own horn, my company makes EMI filters for industrial applications with very low output impedance that compensates for some problems in wiring, as well it gets rid of EMI just about completely:  https://www.onfilter.com/ac-power-line-emi-filters