More Power or use subwoofer to boost bass for music

Hi,   just want to know if anyone can offer their opinions on how to boost the bass when listening to 2 channel music.

I just got a pair of B&W 804 D3 and would like to get more bass out of the speakers.   I remember the bass was pretty punchy when I heard it in the dealer showroom, but I don't seem to get that in my setup.   I currently have Parasound A31 power amp with 250 watts per channel.

So the question is whether I should get a more power amp, or add subwoofer to my 2 channel music.  I'm a little bit of a purist and would prefer not to use a subwoofer for music, but I'm open to this option.

I would definitely appreciate if anyone can share their experience/opinion.   Thanks very much.
128x128xcool
save $
look at the BIC America subs.
inexpensive and a 7 yr warranty on driver.

Are the the top tier in subs,...?no!
 They will play loud and add some serious bass. Powered subs, 
wont use your amps power.
Not seeing too much on the JL Audio subwoofers. I think them and REL seem to have top experience and engineering know how.
I would disagree with the suggestion to moving the speakers closer to the wall.  That may give you more bass, but it will adversely affect the soundstage.  When I changed the power cord on my Audio Valve mono blocks and my Ref 6 to PAD Diamond I had deeper and tighter bass. That really improved the bass on my Bella Voce speakers.  Also, the speaker cable you use will also help. 
I would disagree with the suggestion to moving the speakers closer to the wall.
If you run subs moving them closer to the wall is very practical!