What Do You Think . . . and How Does It Work?

While watching vids on YouTube, I came across this pipe speaker design from a Dr. Linkwitz (see below).   The sound of this speaker is said to be impressive.  I was wondering if you know about this, how it works and what you think of this speaker design.  Also, what do you think would be the best room placement for such a speaker, and would you be tempted to build them?

https://www.linkwitzlab.com/Pluto/intro.htm
bob540
@glupson, I know your question wasn't addressed to me per se, but I think people would be interested in DIY equipment for a few reasons:  a) you hope to end up with better equipment than you could afford to purchase from the manufacturer.  b) You might learn something in the process about how such things go together and work.  c) Pride in saying, "I made that and it sounds good!"  If you have the time and energy, why not build your own?
Thanks, it's nice to know I'm not insane....;)

"Mama didn't raise fools...'odd', but not fools....'   Maybe...*L*

The OP (Thanks, Bob!) pretty much describes WTH I'm about....I keep on 'doin' what I do', because:
a.2) I can afford to.
b.2) I have and am learning that YES, it isn't easy...but it IS a learning curve that does make one Think...which keeps the 'wetware' from solidifying...
c.2) Damn!  It does work!  It does sound good, and it does just what it's supposed to!

Yes, it's not 'perfect'.  And I'll be the first to admit it.
I lack the means and methodology at present to arrive at 'perfect'.

On the other hand, there's been an enormous amount of discussion rendered here and elsewhere as to what 'perfection' is and percieved as.

So...now, as before.  My door is open to whomever cares to arrive at it.
Come, listen for yourself.  I'm more than happy to have 'constructive criticism'.
You can come and have a good laugh at my equipment.  I don't claim SOTA.  'Functional' within means, yes.  'Hearing the violinist breathe?'

NO....and that's not the point, nor mine.

Wear your mask until I take your temperature. ;)

Put your presence where your typing is. *G*

Regards, J

(OK, I've just wandered into one of the other catagories.....oh, well...*LOL*)
I'll supply alcohol to some extent....and call Uber if I think you're a public menace....;)
Jerry, I think we enjoy finding kindred spirits here.  I don’t have the means to approach “perfect”, if there is such a thing, but I look forward to enjoying some of the flavors of imperfect.  As others have stated, it’s about the music and enjoying it, not about fretting over the details.  If you enjoy the tweaking, have at it, but don’t forget why you and I are doing that — to enjoy the results.  I’ve been accused of over-thinking a lot of things, but when it comes down to it, just relax and enjoy.  You already have better equipment than most have ever had . . congratulations!  👍🏻
bob540,

I agree with all three of your points.

My point was that most of the people do not have skills, time, energy, space, or even interest to do it themselves. They simply buy the best they can at that moment. They are often perfectly satisfied with their purchase and use it for years. It may not be as good as if they have done it themselves, although that is also a big gamble, but they can use them moments after they bring them home.

Just that feeling of "Made by Me" is worth it, but it may not be an option for most.