Wanted: Lightweight Krell KSA-100 Clone????

Until recently, every component in my stereo system was >30 years old; the relevant ones being Krell KSA-100 and Thiel CS3.6 that I purchased new in the 80s.

After ditching the old Pioneer Elite CD player, WADIA DAC, and KRELL PAM-5 preamp, I started streaming TIdal Premium > Node 2i > Dennafrips Ares II > the Krell>Thiels.

I love the sound and I’m amazed that the Krell sounds like new, however, it still weighs too much (around 90 lbs) and a much lighter amplifier would give me more flexibility.

Can you recommend a replacement that will sound very much like the Krell but weighs much less?

I'm thinking that there is probably something 5-10 years old that sounds similar and should be available at a “good” price. For instance, I can get a set of Bryston 7B ST for $2000+ but I have never heard these and know little about them.

Any information would be appreciated.

chinook9
Krell is Krell. KSA 100. I don't know of anything that sounds like a fresh Krell.  A good Class A valve amp. Pass? Still can be heavy.

I'm a class d person. I really like them. They run cool, they sound good.
I'm also about anything that sounds good.  They are not Krells though.

I've had a lot of amps, and a Krell KSA100s. They were and are a GREAT amp..

They are Heavy, run hot, suck power like an AC unit. Wonderful amps. Nothing sounds like a Krell, another Krell..

Regards

If the clone is anything like what a clone should be, it's not going to be lightweight.  Mutually exclusive.  You'll have to rethink or buy a handtruck.
What do you mean by "more flexibility"? Don't you just let it sit where it sits? 
~ 15 years ago I had a friend with a KSA 100. It was amazing

I have owned a lot of amps SS and tube and started in the class D direction about 8 years ago. I had the PSAudio M700s which sounded quite good and can be bought used for ~ 2K, but I replaced them with a Ric Schultz design using IceEdge 1200AS modules + lots of tweaks ($2400). Unfortunately, his declining health has him on hiatus

PS Audio recently introduced the M1200s using the same module as mine (though likely with none of Rics tweaks), but with tube input MSRP $6K. If the money isn’t burning a hole in your pocket a couple GaN based amps should be available shortly that MIGHT be game changers, but likely in the 4K+ range

hth