A light-hearted essay on loving music vs the audiophilia obsession

Dear all,

I penned a light-hearted essay about my audiophile journey and this hobby that is so deeply addicting.

https://medium.com/stories-of-color/my-audiophile-problem-1f24bd7fb48f

Would love for you all to take a read, and comment. 
Perhaps your journeys are similar?

Cheers!

essrand
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed your well-written missive. I for one, use any change of gear as an excuse to listen to music, again, and discover new things -- if discovery there is. Listening mostly to classical, I appreciate the nuances that come to the surface as a result of better SQ.

I have been an avid classical concert-goer with a penchant for accuracy in sound reproduction. Early on I had access to gear on loan which helped me make upgrades most of the time -- rather than changes. Nevertheless, I have changed 9 pairs of speakers, 11 power amps, 6 pres... and auditioned scores of others at home for extended periods of time. Strange though it may sound, the advent of superior sounding digital helped me close the TT upgrade anxiety!
Regards

@tgrisham 
This is not on facebook. It's just a blog post. You don't need facebook to view it.

@cymbop @gregm 
Thanks!
I don’t tweet, I don’t text, I don’t Link, I don’t instagram and I don’t Face.
@essrand thanks for sharing. I understand you, my audio-gear-addict brethren. The comment (analogy) about how discovering A’gon was spot on. It is like a superhighway of gear access one in which I have accelerated massive gear swapping binges many times over the 15 years since I discovered it. O well it’s better than actual drugs, lol. When upgrade fever strikes, take a walk, go for a run, bike ride, pray, etc., whatever until it passes. When it sounds great, leave it alone.