Directionality Explained

I have read it argued against by those who think they know
Here is proof
Paul Speltz Founder of ANTICABLES shares his thoughts about wire directionality. Dear Fellow Audiophiles, As an electronic engineer, I struggled years ago with the idea of wire being directional because it did not fit into any of the electrical models I had learned. It simply did not make sense to me that an alternating music signal should favor a direction in a conductor. One of the great things about our audio hobby is that we are able to hear things well before we can explain them; and just because we can’t explain something, doesn't mean that it is not real. 

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2020/05/wire-directionality.html#more
tweak1
That's because the resistance would not be different from one direction compared to the other. The impedance at a given frequency will be different though, but practically, at audio frequencies, with any reasonably manufactured cable, the difference in impedance from one direction compared to the other would be again orders of magnitude less than other dominant impedances.

andy21,116 posts05-26-2020 12:20amAlso I don't buy the fact that the "resistance" is lower in one direction vs. the other as said here by Mr. Kaitt.

For example, each spool of wire consists of many many meters of wire. If the wire always measure less resistance in one direction, then by the time you measure from the beginning to the end of the spool, the resistance may go smaller and smaller into "negative". So this can't explain it either.  

heaudio123- Our audible ability is poor for certain types of differences. Except where large resistance, capacitance or inductance are brought into play significantly impacting frequency response, and/or volume balance, there is little (almost none), what would pass for scientific evidence,.

One more time, since logic clearly is not your strong suit-
Our audible ability is poor for certain types of differences...
there is little (almost none), what would pass for scientific evidence,

So which is it? "Our audible ability"?
Or "what would pass for scientific evidence"?

Oh and while you're at it, just who gets to decide "what would pass for" scientific evidence?

Would it by any chance be you?

If the wire only behaved as resistance and inductance in series, then there would be no difference in direction. However, the wire also has capacitance, and the capacitance acts as another conductive path at non-DC frequencies between the + and - wires. If you draw wire as a bunch of resistors and inductors in series, with capacitors between +/-, and you recognize all those resistors, inductors, and capacitors are different, then it becomes obvious the wire must have directional effects. The debate is not about whether those effects exist or not, it is whether they are truly audible. That directional change would be measurable.

djones512,046 posts05-25-2020 9:51pmIf the direction of the wire caused a change in current it’s measurable.

http://amasci.com/miscon/whatis2.html#4

Not specifically me, but it would be people who have a clue what an experiment that involves subjective human response looks like, and any time you have to measure subjective human perceptive response, you have to isolate what is being tested, which means using only your ears, and not your eyes. Test as long as you want, test with whatever music you care to test with, get 20 of your audiophile buddies together, ... you just don't get any visual clues about what is happening. This is not rocket science.
millercarbon4,500 posts05-26-2020 1:03am

Oh and while you're at it, just who gets to decide "what would pass for" scientific evidence?

Would it by any chance be you?

To heaudio123,

You have been saying our hearing is so poor based on scientific evidence, would you mind sharing those "scientific evidences"?

Most bulk circuit effects, i.e. resistance, inductance, capacitance are not even at the level to be audible (unless poorly designed/specified).
Apparently, our hearing can be effective if the cable is "poorly designed".  Based on your logic, all good cables
should sound the same since we cannot hear any differences.

The next question to ask is what constitute a "good cable"?  Who gets to decide?  There is a flaw in this logic.