What Do You Think . . . and How Does It Work?

While watching vids on YouTube, I came across this pipe speaker design from a Dr. Linkwitz (see below).   The sound of this speaker is said to be impressive.  I was wondering if you know about this, how it works and what you think of this speaker design.  Also, what do you think would be the best room placement for such a speaker, and would you be tempted to build them?

https://www.linkwitzlab.com/Pluto/intro.htm
bob540
kenjit,

I did not think you were truly asking.

After rereading your post and questions, the answers would be...

I doubt there is an illness that corresponds to that so you may never find the name.

However, if discrediting everything ever becomes a recognized illness, kenjititis may be the name.

glupson (tough cookie)
Kenjit: " hi glupson, Interesting how you ignored my questions. "

I presume this is what you mean?

" Dukes technique has been to try to discredit everything i say by accusing me of narcissism all the while ignoring the topic being discussed. Whats the name for that? There must be an illness that corresponds to no?"

The name for what I am doing is, "calling out the narcissist".

The illness that it corresponds to is, being sick of your behavior.

Sounds like you want to make me the bad guy for calling you out. Interesting how you fail to even claim that your behavior is not narcissistic.

Maybe I haven’t given you enough to work with? Here is a list of behaviors consistent with narcissistic personality disorder, taken from the Mayo Clinic website. Feel free to tell us which ones do not apply to you:

• Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance

• Have a sense of entitlement

• Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it

• Exaggerate achievements and talents

• Preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, or brilliance

• Believe they are superior

• Monopolize conversations and belittle others

• Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations

• Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others

• Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious

• Insist on having the best of everything

Duke
I think I may be accused of #10, but it's unintentional...
#'s 4 & 5 ?  It'd be a stretch, but only because nobody else it doing it....

...and there's already enough expensive boxes out there, that end up having to be cordoned off into a 'special space' to take advantage of their qualities...which end up being discussed and argued about and over.

The rest of the list?
Others are far more adept at those....in their way.....
That you see those qualities in yourself asvjerry, is probably the best indication that you don't have NPD. Those with NPD wouldn't see it, and certainly wouldn't admit it. The normal people see many of the qualities of personality disorders in themselves. The ones that don't are the ones you have to worry about.
asvjerry makes a good point. We are all narcississts according to that list. The list of descriptions has been carefully fabricated so that it can apply to anybody. For what purpose? Nothing other than to label that person and use that label against them at every opportunity, to discredit them, bully them and ultimately control their behavior. It is a disgusting sham that nobody should buy into. There are plenty of shams going on within the medical community just as there are within the speaker industry. There are sham diagnoses, treatments, crooks and charlatans within the medical industry. There is less or even no regulation within the speaker industry so whos to say the situation is not even worse in the speaker industry? The single factor that seems to motivate people in both camps is money and greed. Medicine is no longer about helping people its all about profit. It is absurd to deny that money and greed does not motivate at least some within the speaker industry.

Labelling me a narcississt does not invalidate my points. It does not answer the riddles i presented to Duke. It just conveniently avoids all of it. Who is guilty of evading the discussion here me or Duke?Who is the real culprit?