Digital Amplifier Company aka Cherry Amplifier ...

https://www.cherryamp.com/

Can anyone offer opinions/testimonials on these amps? I'm very curious about their sound and performance. They seem like an alternate version of the Class D amps by other manufacturers. 

Thank you.
128x128joeinid
I would ask the owner directly to respond to any of these questions joeinid or the conjectures from czarivey.

czarivery, how many Chinese made/designed amplifiers have their own proprietary Class-D implementation and are not just an off-the-shelf chip with supporting circuitry?  To that end, Cherry is already a good step ahead of all the companies that just implement ICE or other modules and call it "proprietary".

A big cost of an amplifier is the power supply, and their more expensive products do have big linear supplies.
They have been around 20+ years so more history than most boutique brands, and over the years, can't say I have heard negatives, but their reviews seem positive.
I have only heard them one at an audiophile meeting, but can't remember exactly what they were driving. I don't remember noting anything wrong with the presentation.
I’ve been reading through the Audiocircle sub forum posts but I wanted to see if I’d get a slightly different perspective here.

A friend turned me onto Cherry Amps so it got me curious. I’ve never seen anything bad and all very positive comments across the internet. Very inspiring. 
Ignorant people, like czarivey should be banned for lieing

Fortunately, those who actually know, all to politely corrected him

Without their correction you might have believed him

hth
When buying from a manufacturer, you may have a greater risk of not being able to repair if the shop closes. The key in that is "may." How many large manufacturers support their gear for many years? Some do, some don't, and one never knows when a firm -- small or large -- might close or change management.

Regarding DAC's products, I've not heard them. That is how I'd judge. That, and, after reading some of the designer's comments on AudioCircle, I was impressed at how based he is in the factual world, not the audiophile world of magic cables and quantum effects; and at the same time, people rave about the sound of his amps. (Well, there's someone to rave about anything, but better that than complaints!)

His amps are "alternative versions" of those made by another manufacturer in the same sense that an Audio by Van Alstine amp is an "alternative version" of a Bryston or Classe. Same basic technology, but different implementations.