If Audiophiles care about sound, then why so few threads on acoustics

... and so many on cables?

I am sure there are 10 if not 50 times more posts on cables too?

I would hope that as audiophiles we could agree that acoustics are far more important than cables. A cable may (or should) make a fraction of a db change. Acoustics can make several db changes (or more).  A cable may have some impact on clarity or soundstage (and many can rightfully debate that). Acoustics absolutely will have an impact on soundstage.

So what is the reason? 
  • Is it because acoustics are "hard", i.e. you really have to put some thought into it? 
  • Are acoustics not sexy enough? 
  • Is it because they are often unattractive?
  • Is it because they carry much in the way of bragging rights (at least with many audiophiles)?
  • Do they not provide enough "retail therapy"?
  • Most audiophile really don't understand much about acoustics and can't contribute?
  • The difference between those who understand acoustics and those that don't is substantial for people are fearful of wading into discussions?

Interested in people's thoughts. People will drop thousands on a cable, $10K on an amp, or turntable, but I don't see anywhere near that spend on acoustics in most cases.
heaudio123
So, it becomes an interesting puzzle to incorporate aesthetically pleasing (or "invisible") acoustic treatments in a shared living space.
One of the manufacturers of acoustic wall panels, I forgot which one, offers customized design. If I understood correctly, you can send them a picture and they make a panel with it. You could pick a color only and make interesting designs on the wall, or your kids' paintings, or whatever else comes to your mind.

DS
Since time and effort is a commodity that many don’t have enough of, as several have pointed out, there is a need for some expert advice. The problem becomes that most expert advice is tied to sales of a particular solution. And there isn’t really a profession dedicated to consumer audio acoustic consulting. (Of course!) I am now wondering whether my local university, which has a sound recording department in the Arts and Media college, might have a professor who has the training for this. If they did, and were willing, they might be contracted to come to my house and consider my situation. Perhaps that’s an option for others, here. 
Heaudio123, I am afraid it will be too dampened as well.  I will put some scatter plates on the rear wall and rear sides.
I love good quality sound, so my system will always evolve.  New and better speakers, subwoofers, and amplification will increase.  At this point diffusion on the cieling will be added.  
Post removed