Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
Congratulations you are going to love them. I have a pair of the Ulfberhts and my only regret is that I didn’t get them in a custom color. Tekton Design speakers while they are a performance bargain can be very expensive to keep because they tell you exactly what the rest of your system is or isn’t doing.
Hey Millercarbon, I think you meant the quote below to be placed in a conspiracy rant on some political website:

In other words what the banksters and the Fed do now, The Matrix robots would be doing. But the banksters bankroll Hollywood, that’s way too much truth for debt slaves, and so instead we got a word salad shoot em up. ”

You know that you only want to open up those speakers to see if David Icke is hiding in one of them. Trolls used to steal other’s threads, now they steal their own. 
The Northwest US seems to be a hotbed of conspiracy theorists and generally hostile and angry people. Maybe it’s because of all the rain, who the heck knows? At least it’s not a CCCP virus. Then we’d really be in deep kimchi.
I am purchasing a Pair of the Utah made  MOAB Speakers!
It is good to see all of the comments everyone has posted.
I broke the bank also to get a Parasound A21+ amp. Pairing everything up with my Marantz AV 7705.
New to the Audiophile scene. Can anyone assure me this will be a Good setup?? :)  I HOPE!  Thanks 
millercarbon, kudos on the exploration and new experiences coming your way! 

Have you ever owned  a quasi-line array speaker? Prepare yourself for some dramatically different (in some ways more/less pleasing) attributes. I predict it won't be as precise as your current speaker in terms of center image density and focus, but will have a great deal more presence and scale. The bass should be more profound as well. From what I heard of the bookshelf model at AXPONA (back in the days of shows; hopefully to return soon!) it will be moving in the direction of a panel speaker, with a splaying of the imaging, but a sense of openness to it - a simple trade-off based on design. (Now, for our rabid Tekton fans, I have zero interest in arguing about my observation. It's not intended as a scree against the design, but an assessment of the inherent characteristics of different designs). 

It would be ideal if you can keep your current speakers and switch between them over time. It's a terrific way to play the game, by gaining familiarity with the variety of builds, designs. 

You may find yourself pining for a different amp, too. A line array is a different experience with higher power. 

Don't be surprised if you have mixed reaction to the speakers at first. It will be dramatically different. It takes  bit to acclimatize to the new design. The scale and dynamics will probably be impressive. Go back and forth between the two  (Perhaps not hourly - unless you can put them side by side!  ;)   ) and you will hear the characteristics of each one's design, and perhaps you will be like me, finding much to appreciate about both types. The temptation may be to quickly declare the Moab the "winner", but in time with comparison you may find that each has its own strengths.  

Switching between different genres of speakers also is curious because it allows one to experience the settling effect that happens with ownership. After one adjusts to the idiosyncrasies of the new speaker, it begins to sound perfectly normal, as if it is ideal. Then, when you switch again, the settling must occur, and eventually the mind adapts and considers that also to be a distinctly "right" sound. In one sense it's a bit scary, because it shows how malleable our perceptions of what a perfect sound is. OTOH, it shows that many different speakers are capturing some wonderful aspects of performance.    :) 

If you have never owned a panel or quasi-line array speaker it may tickle your fancy and be "the One", the type of speaker that thrills you to no end. Looks like you're in for some fun!